We must now shove aside partisan political battles, petty bickering and quarrels and work together for the common good of our people. I pledge before you today, that I will be the Governor of all Ndi-Imo irrespective of your Geo-political zones and political affiliations. We will run an accountable, transparent and inclusive administration.
Emeka Ihedioha, CON
Governor, Imo State.
Road to Victory
Emeka Ihedioha’s victory was ordained by God and perfected by Ndi Imo.
Received His Certiﬁcate Of Return from
INEC on the 27th of March, 2019.
The issuance of the 2019 elections certificates of return was given to Emeka Ihedioha
“My government shall be all inclusive, people will be carried along according to the policy of democracy. I will run the most transparent and most accountable leadership. The masses shall benefit from my leadership and it is for the total liberation of Imo people”
Transition Technical Committee
A Glance at Emeka Ihedioha’s Transition Technical Committee, led by Ernest Ebi, Former CBN Deputy Governor. The Committee submitted its report on the 27th of May, 2019.
Landmark Accomplishments in
- Work has commenced on 31 critical roads across the State.
- Awarded parts of four federal roads leading into the State capital. They are: the Owerri-Orlu Road, Owerri-Okigwe Road, Owerri-Umuahia Road and the Owerri-Port Harcourt.
- Restoration of Owerri (Otamiri Head Water Works) after eight years of dry taps.
- Restoration of power at the State secretariat and other public buildings after years of black out.
- Rehabilitated the State Fire Service by refurbishing four fire service trucks as an immediate action to revitalize the agency abandoned for some years now.
REBUILDING THE STATE ECONOMY
- Re-energized the Imo State Investment Promotion Agency, ISIPA,
- Set up an Ease of Doing Business Desk.
- AfrExim Bank, is investing $50 million (N18 Billion) in Imo State in its proposed Quality Assurance Facility.
- Imo state has recorded an exponential jump in its internally generated revenue, moving from N250 million monthly as at May 2019 to N1.184 Billion by December 2019.
- Won the Business Day States Competitiveness and Good governance award of the fastest growing state economy.
HEALTH & SOCIAL SERVICES
- Reinvigorated the Imo State Hospitals Management Board by infusing a corps of very competent and accomplished medical practitioners into it.
- Activated the Imo State Health Insurance Scheme.
- Establishment of the Imo State Sports Commission.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation of our sports infrastructure. These include the rehabilitation of the Dan Anyiam and Grasshoppers International Stadia, here in Owerri.
- Siting a new Indoor Sports Hall and renovating the old one.
- Partnering with Local Governments to revive grassroots sports by constructing modern mini-stadia or upgrading existing ones, in all the 27 Local governments.
- An Olympic-size swimming pool as the Oguta Lake Resorts as part of
comprehensive efforts towards restoring that magni icent but abandoned international resort.
- The State is currently bidding for the 2022 National Sports Festival.
STRENGTHENING LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Building a prototype Local Government Secretariat extension complexes in all the local governments.
- Released N500Million counterpart fund to the World Bank as prerequisite for a N13.5 billion grant from the Bank, under its Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP).
- Consequently, works have started on various networks of rural roads totaling 380.7 Kilometers, across 26 local government areas.
ENSURING SECURITY OF
LIVES AND PROPERTY
- Launched Operation Iron Gate.
- Distribution of Security Vehicles and gadgets to all security formations.
- Recently received an award as the most peaceful state in the South East by the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Institute of Security and Strategic Studies. While this is an encouraging signal, it is by no means any reason to rest on our oars.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SANITATION CHALLENGES
- Commenced the N9.9b World-Bank-Assisted Ezemazu gully erosion control project in Ideato North. Paid the counterpart fund of N500m within the 100 days of coming to office.
- De-silting of Owerri Municipal blocked drainage system that was abandoned for over eight years.
Breaking the pension nightmare in Imo State
Ihedioha’s government implemented pension sector reform in Imo state within a period of 3 months by:
- Conducting a comprehensive ‘once and for all’ pensioners verification exercise.
- Establishing an electronic database of all Imo state pensioners which removed all ghost pensioners and resulted in N300m savings.
- Paying pensioners who had not been paid for 6 years and sustaining payments every month without fail.